Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cilantro Chutney / Dip

Coriander Chutney
















This post links to the memories about my school days especially the Lunch Time. Most of us use to bring Rice and some sort of curry for Lunch whereas our friend Anu will everyday bring something different. She will bring sandwich, cutlets, various types of rice. Every time she brings this sandwich with Cilantro chutney and a slice of cheese, one share goes to my friend Jinny and myself. Jinny was more interested in the cheese whereas i was more interested in the Cilantro chutney part :-)
Coriander DipMy love towards her mother's foods were so serious that i even thought of marrying her brother. As her brother was younger to me, i was ready to marry her cousin (whom i have never seen) who was of course elder ;-)
Its better to be family to get all those goodies from her mother. That was my intention :-D
She used to pull my leg telling that she will talk to her aunt for me. Oh God it was just so funny when i think about it today.
Today about 9-10 years later, she might have forgotten about it but whenever i see Cilantro, Anu and her sandwiches comes to my mind. Jinny has been asking me to put this recipe for quite some time.
So i would like to dedicate this post to my friends Jinny, Anu and all those memories.
I don't know what all Anu's mother use to add, this is just what i came up with and it tastes the same.
Bread Cilantro Chutney
















Ingredients (Serves 2)
Cilantro - 1/2 cup
Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
Green chilly - 1 small
Salt
Water - 2 tbsp

Grind all the ingredients together. You can add more water, if you like it more thinner.
You can add any spices that you like the flavour of. This is just the basic version.

Use it as a spread for your bread or you can use it as a dip also.

Happy Eating!!!

4 comments:

  1. finally getting some time to write!!
    thanks anju for posting this... twas great memories though.. there is a difference yes... i dont think she used roasted breads for this... that cheese still drives me crazy and taste is yet so in my tastebuds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didnt toast the bread and it used to be White Bread, but here we buy Multi grain and it tastes better when toasted :-)

      Delete
  2. anjali, such a nice post dear.. bringing back those school days..about marrying anu's bro (ashok) ,that was really really funny.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...