Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Easy Veg Fried Rice

Vegetable Fried Rice
I love to call this Easy Fried rice. Usually its very simple and easy to make Fried Rice.
This simplicity and my love to Indo-Chinese, forces me to make this more often. You can cook fresh rice or use the left over rice while making this. Both goes very well.
I use Rice cooker to cook the rice while making Fried Rice as it gives me the correct texture

Ingredients(Serves 2)
Basmati Rice - 1 cup (uncooked)
Water  - 1.5 cups (to cook Rice)
Mixed Vegetables chopped - 240 gms (its best to chop it in very small pieces)
I used Green Beans, Green and Red Bell Pepper and Carrot
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt
Green Onion - 4-5 stalks
Oil - 2 tbsp

Cook the Rice along with the water and salt and once its cooked, remove it and spread it into a big flat plate (I use my Baking sheet) and keep it in your fridge till its ready to be added  into your vegetables (Min 20-25 mins).

Heat oil in a pan and add the vegetables and the White part of the Green Onion and saute it for 2-3 mins in High Heat.
Now add the soy sauce and saute it for 1 min. Reduce the heat to medium- low
Now add the Rice and mix it slowly into the veg mixture. Take care not to break the Rice.
Heat it till the rice gets heated through. Garnish with Green Onion and serve

It tastes good with various types of Manchurian

Happy Eating Guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...