Thursday, March 7, 2013

Banana Nuggets for those li'l ones

Banana Nuggets
Pazham Pori











Banana Nuggets - does that sound too much for you? well let me make it simple for you. Its 'Pazham Pori' but not the usual ones. These are just apt for those small ones running around you. Its so perfect sized that you will love cooking and them eating it
Earlier i didn't like Pazham Pori because it was always so much of oil, that i hated it for sure.
1 year back, when we were in Wagamon, it was evening and we all were hungry after a long walk through 3 mountains to just see a Suicide Point. 'Who will walk all these ways to suicide'
But i must say the view over there was really worth those long walks.
Anyone who sees that will want to live more at least to see those views


So story in short, we were hungry and theer was only this shop and they had only Pazham Pori with them. As i didnt like them, i passed it even after the person there asked me twice.
As my stomach disapproved, i had a small bite from my husband's and i just felt so stupid that i missed it. I would have cried on my loss. My pride didnt allow me to ask that man, so i made my husband do it cos i didnt want to miss it. It was that tasty.
After that i started checking on why it was so tasty and i found that its just the banana that counts
taste = ripeness
When my mother in law came to live with me, most of the days when i was returning
from office, i would buy one banana which will be the blackest in that shop leaving the shopkeeper wondering whats wrong with me   :-)
Now to the recipe
Banana Nuggets
Ingredients                                                                  
Ripe Banana - 1
Maida/ All Purpose Four - 3/4 cup
Turmeric pdr - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp (as per your taste level)
Salt - a pinch
Water - 1/2-3/4 cup
Oil

Cut the banana into small rounds and keep aside
Mix the Maida, turmeric pdr, sugar,salt and the water to make the batter
Now heat the oil in a pan
Once the oil is hot, dip the banana pieces into the batter and into the oil it goes.
Once its done , flip over and cook the other side
Serve them hot with your coffee
Am sure you will love it

Note: Its good if you can deep fry them, it will cook fast or else you can cook it in a pan by flipping over. While cooking in a pan
If you still feel its not sweet enough, just sprinkle some sugar on top of them.
You can make shapes with the leftover batter :-)

Try and let me know how it went for you
Happy Eating!!!

5 comments:

  1. am a grat lover of pazham pori but because i am avoiding deep fried i had to avoid this too. i remember those day of my way to college in train. pazham pori + medu vada + tea from palakkad station ah miss them.
    Good Anju nice innnovation. Lucky R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try this one, it will not soak oil that much beacuse its not deep fried in oil. As you are frying it in a pan by flipping over, it will be less oily.

      Delete
  2. Pazham pori is my favorite snack. I would rather call it my favorite nostalgic food rather than a snack. I have eaten pazham poris stuffed with rolled rice and jaggery at Calicut. Wow, I am hungry just thinking about those. Your kind of pazham poris were made by a neighbor aunty when she had bhajans at her house. It is funny how Kerala food, takes me back the memory lane. I associate people and places with a food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pazham Pori for Bhajans? I would love to attend those bhajans :-)

      Delete
  3. Great post on " ". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- cooking school | baking class in dubai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...