Friday, March 15, 2013

Eggplant/ Brinjal Stir Fry

Eggplant Stir Fry

First time when i cooked Brinjal was allmost 2 years back, when i was completely new to this. But i was so smart that i knew we cook vegetables with water. So i started my cooking with brinjal and a cup of water and closed it with a lid.
After some time when Raj came to check on me (spying more than checking) he saw that the brinjal pieces were bubbling in the water.
It was the last time he asked me to make brinjal.
After one year, when we moved to US, I felt the options of vegetables were less here than what we were used to which forced me to try Brinjal again
But this time i tried it without water and very less spices and it came it really well.
And now he is again behind me to make this.
Even though i made brinjal in a good way for more than 10 times, he still haunts me with my first time. Whole of our family knows about my Brinjal Chapter.

Ingredients (Serves 2)
Brinjal - 1 large or 4-5 small (300 gms)
Pearl Onion - 6-8
Turmeric pdr - 1/4 tsp
Chilly Pdr - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - a small piece minced fine
Curry leaves - few
Mustard - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt

Cut the onion and brinjal and keep aside
Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard. Add curry Leaves, ginger and pearl onion and saute it well.
Saute it well, add the brinjal along with the salt and turmeric and mix well.
Now close the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium.
Once its half cooked, add the chilly pdr and mix well
(Its better to add the spices when its half cooked so that it will not mash when we  mix in the spices)
Keep it closed for a while.
When its allmost done, take of the lid and cook for 5 more mins and we are done

Try and let me know how it went for you
Happy Eating !!!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this for my lunch earlier and it's super delicious! I would like to cook this again when my friends visit here in my place. Anyway, thank you for sharing your great recipe.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying it out and for that lovely comment. Hope you do like the other recipes too

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...